Автор Тема: Information about the Rila Railway  (Прочетена 2870 пъти)

Spoors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Публикации: 2
  • Рейтинг: 1
Information about the Rila Railway
« -: 22 Октомври 2022, 19:54:51 »
Hi all.
Let me first apologize for writing in English. I am a narrow gauge enthusiast from the Netherlands and recently discovered the existence of the Rila Railway.
From what I have been able to find (using Google Translate), the history of the railway is fascinating and the lanscape through which it ran is nothing more than spectecular.

I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the Rila Railway operated 5 Class 10-12 D locomotives of the British WDLR (Ward Department Light Railway).
A few years ago I wrote this small article about the origin of these WDLR Baldwins, but at that time did not know that any of them ended up in Bulgaria.

Several of the Baldwins (a total of 495 were built for the British Army), which were used on the Western front during the Great War, remained in France where they were used in the French sugar beet industry.

It is great to find out, that the Rila Railway not only use them for logging, but for passenger services as well.
I also love the modifications which have been made to the locomotives!

I also understand that together with the 5 Baldwins, the Rila Railway had1 Brigade lok when the operations started around 1920 and that more were obtained at a later period.

I am starting this topic, as I am looking for more information and photos of the Rila Railway. As mentioned, I have been trying to find the information using Google Translate, but it is just not perfect.
I hope that some of you will be able to help me out here.

Cheers,

Jeroen

Adrian

• Trade Count: (238)
  • Публикации: 6709
  • Рейтинг: 1086
  • Купи и ще ти олекне! DR/DB/BDZ 4-5 ep. H0 София
    • Ер Малък
Re: Information about the Rila Railway
« Отговор #1 -: 23 Октомври 2022, 18:33:39 »
Здравейте всички.
Първо да се извиня, че пиша на английски. Аз съм ентусиаст на теснолинейката от Холандия и наскоро открих съществуването на Рилската железница.
    От това, което успях да намеря (използвайки Google Translate), историята на железницата е завладяваща, а пейзажът, през който минаваше, не е нищо повече от грандиозен.
Бях приятно изненадан да открия, че Рилската железница експлоатира 5 локомотива Class 10-12 D на британския WDLR (Ward Department Light Railway).
   Преди няколко години написах тази малка статия за произхода на тези WDLR Baldwins, но тогава не знаех, че някой от тях е попаднал в България.
   Няколко от Baldwins (общо 495 са били построени за британската армия), които са били използвани на западния фронт по време на Първата световна война, остават във Франция, където се използват във френската индустрия за захарно цвекло.
    Чудесно е да разберем, че Рилската железница ги използва не само за дърводобив, но и за превоз на пътници.
    Харесвам и модификациите, които са направени по локомотивите!
Освен това разбирам, че заедно с 5-те Болдуини, Рилската железница е имала 1 бригаден лок, когато операциите са започнали около 1920 г. и че са получени повече в по-късен период.
     Пускам тази тема, тъй като търся повече информация и снимки на Рилската железница. Както споменах, опитвам се да намеря информацията с помощта на Google Преводач, но просто не е перфектно.
Надявам се, че някои от вас ще могат да ми помогнат тук.

наздраве,

Йерун
« Последна редакция: 23 Октомври 2022, 18:35:47 от Adrian »

Spoors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Публикации: 2
  • Рейтинг: 1
« Отговор #2 -: 05 Ноември 2022, 10:06:56 »
Hi,
I hope that somebody can help me with the following.

From what I understand, Metodi Panayotov (Методи Панайотов), the author of the below book has a lot of knowledge about the Rila Railway.

As I am looking for more information about the Rila Railway, I am trying to contact him. I however have not been able to find any contact details, not of him directly or of his museum (музей "Иван Т. Балабанов").

Cheers,

Jeroen

PS: @Adrian, thank you very much for the translation!

Does anybody know how to contact him, for example via email?
If so, can you please reach out to me via a private message?

Adrian

• Trade Count: (238)
  • Публикации: 6709
  • Рейтинг: 1086
  • Купи и ще ти олекне! DR/DB/BDZ 4-5 ep. H0 София
    • Ер Малък
« Отговор #3 -: 05 Ноември 2022, 10:37:08 »

You are welcome ;) I'm not sure, but here you are what I have >  г-н Методи Панайотов на тел.: +359 87 828 0560

vlado, мисля че ти държиш връзка с Методи - дай мейл на колегата - търси директен контакт

https://youtu.be/CoCqJ8woz3s