Автор Тема: Package from Germany, whats the procedure?  (Прочетена 8090 пъти)

Alex

• Гост
  • Trade Count: (0)
Package from Germany, whats the procedure?
« -: 09 Февруари 2009, 16:30:17 »
Hi all again,

I can use some help on this one.  :yes: I ordered some stuff by http://modellbahnshop-lippe.com/ and they have send it last Wednesday by DHL to Bulgaria.
The online DHL tracking system got stuck in Germany last Friday so I called today DHL Bulgaria and they told me it was handled further by Bulpost so I called them.

The person from Bulpost told me that all packages from outside Bulgaria need to be picked-up? Is this true? and if so where can I pick this package up?
What the procedure for this?

Sorry for all those questions but I had expected they would deliver packages to your home.

With kind regards
Alex

EMPEROR

• Гост
Re:Package from Germany, whats the procedure?
« Отговор #1 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 16:53:04 »
Usually they stop at the Customs (which is near Central Train Station/Central Bus Station).
Which is here :Lhttp://bgmaps.com/map.aspx?sid=de070d32d094c0a7f4532bc6876b6998&tip=1&initsearch=0

In some rear cases they might go to your local Post Office depending where you live...

pach

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Публикации: 12271
  • Рейтинг: 1314
  • ТТ & Н0; DR & BDZ;ep.I-III(~VI)&selfmade
    • За моделизма
« Отговор #2 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 16:57:18 »
Another way if you choose not to use DHL, he worked in Bulgaria too bad!
If you can select another company or directly Bulgarian Posts (Bulpost).
 :yes:

lubomir

• Гост
« Отговор #3 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 20:33:56 »
My experience with DHL shipments from D to BG is, that they arrive max up to 5 working days. If the shipment is up to 1 kg, regional post office care to your door. If the shipment is bigger, you will receive arrival notice with address of local post office where you should go to receive package.
That's all.

Alex

• Гост
« Отговор #4 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 20:46:10 »
The weight is more then 1Kg, tomorrow I`ll give it a try with the customs office which EMPEROR described.
Thanks all for the help and information so far.

P.S I can speak Bulgarian but can`t write it yet, it will come one day.

toniemi

• КЖМ - България
  • Trade Count: (18)
  • Публикации: 4781
  • Рейтинг: 632
  • Направи си сам и ще ти олекне! HO,Z Само БДЖ
« Отговор #5 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 20:54:12 »
В тая тема нема ли да кажете за какво става въпрос?

Adrian

• Trade Count: (238)
  • Публикации: 6710
  • Рейтинг: 1086
  • Купи и ще ти олекне! DR/DB/BDZ 4-5 ep. H0 София
    • Ер Малък
« Отговор #6 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 20:58:23 »

Tonka ,В нея тема ст д за терзанията на колегата Alex , свързани с това откъде да си вземе пратка от Германия. Любезни пичове му обясняват къде да отиде.

lubomir

• Гост
« Отговор #7 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 21:04:56 »
Цитат на: Alex link=topic=1390.msg19255#msg19255 date=1234205170
The weight is more then 1Kg, tomorrow I`ll give it a try with the customs office which EMPEROR described.
Thanks all for the help and information so far.

P.S I can speak Bulgarian but can`t write it yet, it will come one day.

That is wrong way! Without arrival notice, local post office will not be able to find your shipment probably, so the best way is to wait 1 or 2 days more and just when you have notice you can visit postal office. I am sure, you will have it in few days. Do not worry!

Alex

• Гост
« Отговор #8 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 21:19:57 »
Dear lubomir, you mean that there is no need to go to that customs office at this moment?

Съжалявам toniemi за писане на английски език. ;)

zazo

• КЖМ - България
  • Публикации: 2049
  • Рейтинг: 263
« Отговор #9 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 21:40:13 »
Hi Alex my first time experience with packages from Germany was a bit frustrating, also. If the package is less than 2 kg, there is a chance it will arrive at your local post office. You can go and check for it there, although you'll receive a notice from the post that you have a package to collect. If it's above 2 kg it is almost shure that it'll arrive at the post office at Sofia customs, not customs office, these are 2 different things. You should receive a notice in both cases. Usually shipments from Germany take about 2-3 weeks to arrive so be patient.

Alex

• Гост
« Отговор #10 -: 09 Февруари 2009, 23:03:10 »
Цитат на: zazo link=topic=1390.msg19264#msg19264 date=1234208413
Hi Alex my first time experience with packages from Germany was a bit frustrating, also. If the package is less than 2 kg, there is a chance it will arrive at your local post office. You can go and check for it there, although you'll receive a notice from the post that you have a package to collect. If it's above 2 kg it is almost shure that it'll arrive at the post office at Sofia customs, not customs office, these are 2 different things. You should receive a notice in both cases. Usually shipments from Germany take about 2-3 weeks to arrive so be patient.

Dear zazo, thank you very much for this explanation. The way packages from abroad are handled is all clear now too me and I must admit I was a little worried. Earlier on the evening I called a friend who lives close to the post office at Sofia customs.(near the central station) and she will check tomorrow for me. This package is more then 2Kg, if it is not there yet, no problem we wait.

lubomir

• Гост
« Отговор #11 -: 10 Февруари 2009, 08:37:14 »
Цитат на: Alex link=topic=1390.msg19263#msg19263 date=1234207197
Dear lubomir, you mean that there is no need to go to that customs office at this moment?

Съжалявам toniemi за писане на английски език. ;)

Exactly! Bulgaria and Germany are part of the EC, so you will not need to pass custom office at all. Be patient! Do not worry! Everithing will be OK!

Adrian

• Trade Count: (238)
  • Публикации: 6710
  • Рейтинг: 1086
  • Купи и ще ти олекне! DR/DB/BDZ 4-5 ep. H0 София
    • Ер Малък
« Отговор #12 -: 10 Февруари 2009, 08:41:33 »
Dear friend , as I understood you are waiting for the pack from Germany . Usually DHL gives you number like this : 968533071834 ; than you must go at DHL.de  and do searching with that number - they gives you international number like this : CL225391015DE << with that number everyone can check in the Bulpost/customs computer (near the bus-station) what's happening with the pack.
I must warning you that DHL PACKET and DHL International services has very strange way to Bulgaria ! - for 3-4 days the packs live Germany , than go to .... Greece (!) and sometimes they spend 2-4 weeks (!) there .
When our german friends start investigating it is so hard to find the location...
Now I'm waiting for 5 pack from Germany , wich are sent between 8.12.2008 and 8.01.2009 ....maybe it is becouse the problems we have with Greece - you now about hte strike that block the transport ?

In total I must say - only DHL Express (par avion) works good. (~30 euro shipping)
« Последна редакция: 10 Февруари 2009, 09:08:41 от Adrian »

pach

• Trade Count: (42)
  • Публикации: 12271
  • Рейтинг: 1314
  • ТТ & Н0; DR & BDZ;ep.I-III(~VI)&selfmade
    • За моделизма
« Отговор #13 -: 10 Февруари 2009, 08:59:56 »
DHL - Bulgaria for years are full of great shit ... Sorry!
Four years before reaching the European manager of DHL, and he expressed regret for the problems in Bulgaria with the words "These are your people there and not have another alternative ...
I say again and is it possible not just use the DHL-Bulgaria!

Alex

• Гост
« Отговор #14 -: 10 Февруари 2009, 09:42:19 »
@Adrian
Yes a CL225XXXXXXXX number like that I`ve  also from the German DHL tracking site, I will pass that now too my friend in Sofia since I only gave her the other number, then she can check with the post office near the central station today(She needed to go anyway to the central station for something else so she combines it).
The package was fast out of Germany it took only 1.5 day regarding the tracking site but information how it traveled when it left D* is unavailable on the tracking site. Lets hope DHL is smart and not travels by Greece these days.

@lubomir
That sounds more then logical.
It is very good to read other peoples experience`s here on the board with purchases from abroad and how they travel. It clears a lot of misunderstandings at least on my side and is very instructive.

@pach
Will keep that in mind for the next time. However by this online shop there was no other option available and the product/shipping prices where very attractive.
The key is what I understand now (thanks to the people of this board.) is that DHL Germany is owned by the Deutsche post and that explains the cheap shipping costs, they only use the DHL travel lines to the delivery country and from there the local post takes over.

The reason I got a bit confused and worried was that I lost track of the package on the tracking site a few days ago. But now I know why.